Static Line Square Parachute Jump
Take a day’s training and learn how to make a 3,000 feet solo parachute jump – and if you raise the minimum sponsorship money you will get to jump for FREE!
Learn how to make a parachute jump – just like the professionals! The jump is in two parts: On the first day you will undergo a minimum of six hours training on all aspects of the jump - the equipment used, how to exit the aircraft, how to check your canopy, reserve drills and most importantly how to control your landing. On the following day you will perform the jump solo from up to 3,000 feet using a modern square parachute canopy. If the weather prevents you from jumping your training is valid for at least two months giving you plenty of time to return to the centre to complete your jump. Completion of this training course is the first step to becoming a fully qualified skydiver and all students receive a British Parachute Association approved certificate. Static Line Square highlights include:
- Full training – no experience required
- Jump solo from 3,000 feet
- Securely attached to a 'static line' which is designed to open your parachute for you
- First step to becoming a qualified skydiver
- Certificate to prove you have completed a 3,000 feet parachute jump!
So what are you waiting for – simply click here to book your place on the experience of a lifetime!
We jump on most weekends throughout the year and midweek too. Therefore simply suggest your first and second choice dates on the booking form and if there are any problems with these dates we will give you a call.
There are over twenty British Parachute Association approved centres across the UK (see map below) so there is sure to be one near you. We will allocate you to your nearest centre based on your postcode.
Age - you must be between 16 and 49
Weight - the maximum weight limit is 15st with your weight in propotion to your height. Some centres do have lower weight limits.
The principal medical restrictions for all jumps are diabetes, epilepsy, fits, recurrent blackouts, heart or lung disease, mental illness and some cases of asthma. You will be required to sign a medical form before your jump declaring your fitness to take part - this will be sent to you upon receipt of your booking but is also available on request. Those under the age of 18 will need the medical form signed by a parent or guardian; those aged 40 and over, or those with a medical condition, will need it signed by their doctor. Pre-existing physical conditions will not necessarily prevent you from taking part but please do inform us of any physical conditions as this may affect the location of your jump; if you are in any doubt then please contact us for further information on 0870 345 8000
If you raise the minimum amount of sponsorship then all your costs can be recovered. Basically there are three payments you will need to make:
- a £70 registration fee when booking your place
- payment to the airfield on the day of your jump. This differs from airfield to airfield but will be an average of £300 and can normally be paid by credit card
- 3) the sponsorship to the charity which on average will be £130 (£360 less £70 registration fee less £160 jump fee). This must be handed over on the day of the jump but can be done so using post-dated cheques which will not be cashed for four weeks to allow you time to collect the money in from your sponsors
Simply decide what date you want to jump and book your free static line square skydive place by using our online booking form!
- St. Andrews
Share on Facebook
Email to Friends
Tell your friends about this event
Type or paste your friends emails in here
The details you provide on this page will not be used to send unsolicited
e-mail, and will not be sold to a 3rd party